Experience Transformation Through SpiritGroups
We are continuing Unity San Diego's vision of community building by offering SpiritGroups, a healthy and balanced small group program that inspires infinite connections.
SpiritGroups inspire infinite connections, one small group at a time, by coming together in a spirit of love and support. Through healthy, balanced small groups, people have the opportunity to grow in their spiritual practice and engage with each other in a deep, meaningful manner. In supportive discussion groups, hosted throughout the community, members gain practical insights about spiritual principles that can transform every area of their lives.
At the heart of SpiritGroups is an innovative approach to linking each small group to five spiritual principles (the Five C's):
- Communion: Each group will include prayer and/or meditation as part of each group’s gathering.
- Connection: Each group will include time, food, and/or beverage for fellowship before, during, or after gathering.
- Compassion: Group members will look out for each other, celebrate milestones, and care for each other beyond the established gathering schedule.
- Community: Each group will choose how to engage in service to the greater community.
- Challenge: Each group will provide opportunities for members to set intentions for their own spiritual growth, and to provide timelines for checking in and providing accountability in the striving toward those goals.
SpiritGroups started the week of February 3rd!
What are Spirit Groups?
SpiritGroups is our small group ministry in which you get to connect and commune with other Unity San Diego congregants while growing spiritually. Each group includes the components of the 5 C’s: Communion, Connection, Compassion, Community and Challenge. Each group consists of six to seven 1.5 to 2 hour meetings that include a video “lesson” and discussion. Each group also participates in a service project of their choosing performed in the greater community and a social outing. At the end of the series, all of the groups come together celebrate and share together.
Winter Session: "The Designer Life - Distinctions for Living Life By Design and Not By Default" by Rev. Kevin Kitrell Ross
Lessons are based on the book "The Designer Life - Distinctions for Living Life By Design and Not By Default" by Rev. Kevin Kitrell Ross. The book will be available for purchase in the Unity San Diego Bookstore. Each SpiritGroup experience will culminate in a group sacred service project and a social event of the group members' choosing.
Classes Now Available
Monday Evenings, 7:00pm - 8:30pm, at the home of Barbara Mulvany
Wednesday Mornings, 10:00am - 11:30am, in St. Luke's Chapel, Karla Lightner hosting
Wednesday Evenings, 7:00pm - 8:30pm, at the home of Mike and Sharla Barry
Wednesday Evenings, 7:00pm - 8:30pm, in St. Luke's Chapel, Tamara Leeper hosting (Childcare is provided)
For more information about our SpiritGroups or becoming a SpiritGroup Host please contact our SpiritGroup coordinator Marty Ellingwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-398-7531.